BCA is VERY proud to be a part of a larger movement to make acupuncture accessible to as many people as possible. We are a member clinic of a cooperative organization called POCA (People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture). As a multi-stakeholder cooperative, POCA’s goal is to make acupuncture available to as many people as possible and to support those providing acupuncture to create stable and sustainable businesses and jobs.
Community acupuncture is healthcare by, of, and for the people. YOU can join the movement to bring affordable, safe, and effective healthcare to everyone. READ ON for more on why we need you and how membership serves you.
POCA Needs YOU! Patient Membership Drive is On 🙂
BCA wants YOU to be a POCA Co-Op member! Why? Because of its many awesome benefits for you, the patient, and the co-op. Those of you who really benefit from your local Community Acupuncture Clinic will really appreciate being a POCA member as it benefits the Community Acupuncture movement as a whole!
Here’s How(straight from POCA’s website):
▪ Develop a micro-loan program to open and support more clinics.
▪ Create affordable educational alternatives to train community acupuncturists (aka punks).
▪ Support punks in successfully opening, managing, and improving their clinics.
▪ Promote legislative change to encourage and support community acupuncture.
▪ Provide a working model for sustainable, ethical, affordable community healthcare practices.
▪ Increase access to affordable acupuncture for all.
As a POCA Member, your benefits include:
▪ Free birthday treatment each year.
▪ Three “free first treatment” certificates for your friends and family. (Good at any POCA clinic.)
▪ Introduce friends and family to community acupuncture.
▪ Sticking Together – our e-newsletter.
▪ Waiving new patient fees at POCA member clinics.
▪ Access to online discussion forums to connect with punks and other patients .
▪ Volunteer opportunities in local clinics and in our movement.
▪ Voting in annual board elections and running for positions in our cooperative.
Joining is super simple. Visit the POCA site by clicking here or going to www.pocacoop.com/join-page then you choose your annual dues amount from $25 to $100. It does not matter what amount you choose from, ALL of the benefits are the same!
More at pocacoop.com.